I have offered two posts confronting a pattern in the U.S. of denying racism (usually arguing class instead) despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary:
- Denying Racism Has an Evidence Problem
- The Mistrial of Jordan Davis: More Evidence Problems for Denying Racism
As a third post, I invite you to read and view James Baldwin and Ta-Nehisi Coates*:
- Is James Baldwin America’s Greatest Essayist?, Ta-Nehisi Coates
- The Secret Lives of Inner-City Black Males, Ta-Nehisi Coates
- A Report from Occupied Territory, James Baldwin
* If you are an educator, I recommend this as a unit for students.